Frittatas are quite simply fantastic! They are quick and easy to make, you can throw any kind of vegetables in it as you like. It also taste amazing the next day (cold or hot) for a quick healthy lunch.
This frittata has 6 eggs in it and combined with the potatoes it is packed of protein and good carbs – if you want to you could swap the white potatoes for sweet potatoes.
This recipe serves two to three adults depending on how hungry they are and if you are serving with anything else or not.
200g potatoes (any sort)
1 courgette (sliced)
40g cheddar cheese
parmesan to sprinkle on top
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Oregano
Salt and pepper to season
Drizzle of Olive oil
1. Bring to the boil a pan of water with the potatoes and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes until tender.
2. Pan fry the onion in the olive oil until soft, then add the sliced courgette until they turn a light brown. I leave my courgette in the pan but if you prefer the courgettes to be on top of you frittata, lift them out of the pan and put them on a side plate for later.
3. In a separate dish, combine the eggs and half the cheddar cheese and season. Pour this over the onion and courgette (or just the onion) in the pan. Now scatter the potatoes and courgette over the top.
4. Keep an eye on the bottom of the frittata so it does not burn, but make sure it as turned golden brown.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese, herbs and any seasoning, then put under the grill to cook, melt and crisp up (roughly 5 minutes).
6. Slice up and serve either on its own or with perhaps a summer salad!