Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/27/d71928075/htdocs/BecDalby/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524

12 days of Christmas gift guide!

Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/27/d71928075/htdocs/BecDalby/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524

This is a genuine, no bribes taken, 12 days of Christmas gift guide! These 12 products and brands are in my humble opinion, the best pressies someone like me can get. Take inspiration and if Santa does not deliver these on the 25th hit the January sales instead and treat yourself…….

All of them will encourage and motivate you make 2014 your healthiest year yet!

Read More»

#5 Core stability and strength for dancers

Last in my series on how to be a strong, healthy and happy dancer is all about flexing those abdominal muscles! Core stability and strength are absolutely crucial in order to hit your peak as a dancer.

The biggest weakness I personally see in young dancers is the lack of core stability whilst they move. Kicks, port de bras, movements through the spine all seem to somehow lift shoulders up to the ears and stick rib cages out in front! Developing control and strength in this area will align and lengthen your posture which not only gives you a better silhouette but create freedom of movement in your body.

Read More»

Halo Wipes

As you may guess, I tend to get quite sweaty throughout the day – one of the few downfalls of having a job which revolves around exercise! I know I am not alone. I know many of you who have non exercise related jobs get a little clammy walking to the bus stop, sprinting to push yourself onto the Tube or after a hard day’s work feel tired and not very ‘fresh’ for your night ahead. With this in mind, when the lovely Halo Wipes team asked me to try out their handbag essentials, I jumped at the chance!

Read More»

#4 get a hobby and explore your interests

Top tip number 4 of how to be a healthy, happy dancer is all about getting s hobby.

Immersing yourself in a hobby with no or little connection to performing is an incredibly healthy habit for any performer. Taking you out of the dance world for a little time on a regular basis cannot just give you a mental and physical break, but also give you a wider appreciation and perspective. In a highly pressurised industry, this can be very important. The ability to step back and take yourself out of the situation is an incredibly useful skill to have.

Read More»

Tara Stiles Yoga Rebel on all things Yoga, health and beauty!

Photo: We chat to founder of Strala Yoga and Reebok ambassador Tara Stiles about yoga, nutrition and her top beauty tips... http://www.hipandhealthy.co.uk/tara-stiles-yoga-rebel/Go on and take 10 minutes out to read my latest blog for Hip and Healthy magazine where I chat to the amazing Tara Stiles on how she got into Yoga, her mantra on health and beauty plus what inspires her.

Read More»
Page 9 of 23« First...7891011...20...Last »
© Copyright Rebecca Dalby 2015