Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/27/d71928075/htdocs/BecDalby/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524

Risk is healthy

Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/27/d71928075/htdocs/BecDalby/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524

Don't ever be afraid to take risks

The word ‘risk’ may instantly give you heart palpitations. It may con jour up negative connotations. Why is that?

As a woman myself, we seem to be stereotypical less inclined to take risks. Men are typically seen as the ‘risk takers’ which is probably something to do with our prehistoric male ancestors having to go out into the wilderness to hunt for food etc etc. I am sure you have heard it all before. Well, let’s put something straight.

Read More»

The attack on body confidence

Body confidenceI do not usually rant about things like this but recently I have had a number of clients who have been feeling insecure about their body and buckling under the pressure to try and ‘look good’.

In fact I experienced this myself recently. It was admittedly the first time this year I had braved a bikini, and I was in central London (Hyde Park, Serpentine Lido), so I think most of us would have been a tiny bit conscious! However, as a ‘fitness expert’ a lot of people would attribute that to being body confident 24 hours a day under ALL circumstances. Not true.

Read More»

Music and exercise

Music and exerciseAlthough growing up I liked music, I was never a hardcore dedicated ‘fan’ of any particular band and I just listened to anything which was force fed to me mainly by my Dad. As I hit my teens, Take That and Eternal were my favourites (!).
I played the Flute (most un-cool instrument past the age of 14 years) for a few years and then attempted to join an Orchestra. However, every time there was a ‘flute’ part I seemed to buckle and let’s just say, I did not last long!

Over the past few years, perhaps it is my age, I have fallen in love with Radio 6 Music and Shazam have become my new best friend. The songs I have discovered have heavily contributed to my ever growing Pilates playlist. The words and melodies seem to help create those ‘special’ moments in class. Either for sweaty hard bits or for chilled, relaxed endings, music has enhanced and brought that ’emotional’ connection to my classes. As a teacher I too have felt those special moments and feel like it strengthens the bond between the class participants and I.

Read More»

The Power Smoothie

Juicing and smoothie’s have exploded back onto the health scene and everywhere you look on the internet, whether it be on health blogs, nutrition plans, Instagram the word juicing or smoothie pops up.

It took me a while to jump on the band wagon due to the perceived time and equipment barriers. So only in December did I ask Father Christmas for a blender and a juicer in order to begin my journey. Out of the two, although I love the fresh juices, I think I personally prefer making smoothies. It tends to be quicker, you seem to produce more drink from what you put in and the smoothie itself is more substantial due to the flexibility of what you can put into it.

Read More»

The Sassy Vegan Ballerina

Saskia Gregson-Williams is a trainee Ballerina who has also taken the world of vegan and ‘free-from’ cooking by storm. Alongside her grueling 10 hour days of professional Ballet training, she has managed to release an E-Recipe Book, entertain 21,000 Instagram followers, dabble in modelling and do a fabulous job of being the Food Editor for Hip and Healthy.

Read More»
Page 8 of 23« First...678910...20...Last »
© Copyright Rebecca Dalby 2015