Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/27/d71928075/htdocs/BecDalby/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524

International Association of Dance Medicine and Science #IADMS2014

Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/27/d71928075/htdocs/BecDalby/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524

IADMS 2014Last week I had the absolute pleasure of traveling to Basel in Switzerland, to attend the 24th Annual meeting of the International Association of Dance Medicine and Science. I have attended a few times and is always great to hear about the latest research into the dance science and medicine field.

One of the best ways to learn and experience this research is through the movement sessions. This year I seemed to be in the studio even more than usual. I attended some fantastic workshops and here are a couple of the highlights:

Read More»

Summer reflections

New Mosque

As Autumn drifts in, it is a good time to reflect on the summer months and allow those memories and lessons to guide you through the winter months.

I was fortunately able to visit Istanbul for a couple of weeks in September. Istanbul is an amazing place. Full of culture, creativity, smells, sounds and atmosphere. It is like no other place a have been in the world.

Read More»

New business, new skills, new baby: A healthy balancing act | Astute Radio

banner-white_520

New business, new skills, new baby: A healthy balancing act | Astute Radio

We are increasingly encouraged to become entrepreneurs and start our own businesses. Everywhere, we hear and see stories about start ups that have shot to success in a few months. Women who seem to easily juggle business and family life, doing what they love. But in the real world, how do you transition from full time work to a business you love? How can you start or grow a business if you are thinking about motherhood? Are pregnant women taken seriously in business? And do mentors really help?

Read More»

Chickpea and lentil burgers

Chickpea and lentil burgerHaving virtually no food in the kitchen last week I raided the cupboard to see what I had lurking. I found chickpeas and lentils and decided to make burgers! It turned out pretty good and full of  good stuff. Thought you may like to try it so here is the recipe……….

Read More»

3-2-1 Cardio Blast

photoCardiovascular exercise or training is incredibly important to all of us. No matter what your age, your heart is a muscle and needs to be exercised in order to stay healthy and keep working. Your heart is what keeps you alive and therefore is the most important organ in the whole of the human body.

Question: when was the last time you felt slightly out of breath for 20 minutes or more?

For too many of us the answer is ‘I am not sure’. If you cannot remember, then it has been too long ago.

Read More»
Page 7 of 23« First...56789...20...Last »
© Copyright Rebecca Dalby 2015