Top 3 Healthy Cookery Books

Quinoa Risotto from Helmsley & HelmsleyOver the last year, the healthy cookery book scene has literally exploded.

I think this explosion is partly down to the popularity of food blogs, the rise in Instagram and Society’s general shift in attitude as to what it means to be healthy. These factors along with others, has brought healthy eating to the forefront of many people’s minds.

This rise in popularity and interest is of course only a good thing (in my opinion), however I have been surprised at the high percentage of these ‘healthy cookery books’ which are complied by (for the want of a better phrase) ‘non-professionally trained chefs / cooks’.

My experience of following healthy recipes from self proclaimed food bloggers has been a mixed bag. Some have been absolutely fantastic, some  pretty awful (just ask my husband!).

Read More»

Dalby Pilates shop NOW LIVE!!

dalby_pilatesI am super excited to be offering a collection of hand selected health and wellness products which will help you to feel amazing wherever you are!

Over the years, clients have been hounding me about getting hold of the ‘spiky balls’ (Franklin Balls) I use in classes and personal training sessions. After careful consideration, I have chosen a small collection of ‘tools’ which me (and my clients!) cannot do without. My clients know them well, and now you too can experience the freedom of movement and relaxation from a Dalby Pilates class.

Read More»

Five Ways to Get More from Your Yoga Class

DSC_7082 (2)When you make the decision to become a yoga instructor you make a commitment to continually find new ways to get more from your students. Yoga is a process of continual improvement – so progression is important to ensure your class continues to move forward and achieve their goals. Here are five ways to get more from your yoga class:

Read More»

Exercise Detox

DSC_7133 (2)The chances are you have been really good through January and managed to stick to your New Year Resolutions – first of all, well done for that! As I said in my Food Detox blog, although I do not usually recommend detoxs per-say, for some of you it maybe the only time of year where you review your current state of health and fitness, so it is worth capitalising on the opportunity! Now into February, typically those ‘good intentions’ have slipped away a little, or a lot! The real trick to leading a healthy life, is to have a sustainable routine that works for you, your life and your body. The best thing about exercise is that there is an enormous choice of sports, gyms, classes and activities you can partake in. It just takes a bit of time and willingness to try new things out in order to find your exercise match.

Read More»

Body Confidence: The Music Industry

Lisa Friend

I have just begun a series of interviews about body confidence, body image and losing weight for my show ‘Real Health with Rebecca Dalby‘ for the fantastically inspirational radio station, Astute Radio.

I kicked off this important series by starting a conversation with Lisa Friend, a world renown solo concert flautist and recording artist.

In this straight talking, honest interview, Lisa shares her experiences and pressures she faces within the classical music industry, performing on stage and becoming a mother. This year Lisa had hip surgery due to degenerative arthritis and is now in a period of rehabilitation whilst still working and taking care of her young family.

Read More»
Page 5 of 23« First...34567...1020...Last »
© Copyright Rebecca Dalby 2015