Easy Peasy Sweet Potato Soup

IMG_2555We all know that vegetables are REALLY REALLY important for our bodies. Unfortunately they are easily the last thing we think about when planning our lunch and dinner. One of the best things (not the only thing, I am not that sad!), about the Autumn settling in, is that a warm bowl of soup gets the taste buds following more than ever.

Soup is cheap, easy and usually packed full of goodness. Making it from scratch is even better than buying it out as you can throw in tons of veg and it usually (I have made a couple of mistakes!), tastes amazing.

One of my favourites is Sweet Potato soup served with warm, crusty wholemeal bread and salad. This is one of my husband’s favourites and due to the high content of sweet potato, it fills you right up for a long time. Perfect for a hearty dinner as well as a sustainable lunch!

Read More»

Healthy Eating through Pregnancy: out with the old in with the new

Healthy Eating through PregnancyAs some of you may already know, around 4 months ago I fell pregnant for the first time! It was very difficult for me in the first few months to firstly try and hide my slowly expanding waist and chest line, and secondly to keep teaching with the same energy and vigour.

As a Pilates teacher, your tummy and body shape are scrutinised so I was conscious that my changing physic would raise a few eyebrows; not to mention the daily attire of leggings and tops which were getting too tight and VERY uncomfortable.

My demonstrations rapidly declined to a minimum because a knew that some moves were not advisable even at an early stage. Along with bloating and nausea I really did not feel able to exercise myself never mind demonstrating the Pilates 100 (exercise) in class.

Read More»

JPilates convention 2015!

IMG_2091

I am super doper excited as the Dalby Pilates Shop is not sponsoring the JPilates June 2015 convention (along side Sweaty Betty and Balanced Body), but we are also going to be there in person all day tomorrow (Saturday 27th June)!

If you are coming to the convention, please make sure you come and say hello and if you are in Old Street, London, but not attending the convention, please feel free to swing by anyway.

Read More»

Breakfast Superstar – Bircher Muesli

bircher-muesli1aI have seen ‘bircher muesli’ recipes batting around for a while. I had never tried it as it seemed too much hassle and was not really sure if I would like it. However, one of my lovely clients shared with me her new found love for bircher muesli and raved about how quick and easy it was. As I am always on the look out for quick and easy recipes, (especially breakfasts with a couple of 6.30am clients through the week), I  whipped my own version that night and was truly amazed (I am not exaggerating!).

Read More»

Celebrity Bodies: The Real Deal

Jessica AlbaI recently started a new series for my Radio show ‘Real Health with Rebecca Dalby about body confidence, body image and weight.

In the second of this series, I started a conversation with Ramona Braganza Global Fitness Expert and Celebrity Personal Trainer.

Ramona has spent over 20 years travelling across the world training the Hollywood elite.

Listen as Ramona shares her insider experience on whether the women we see in the magazines struggle with the same pressures we do and how they cope with the world’s attention on them.

Ramona also delves into her own story on how fitness brought her out of a dark place and replaced it with self assurance and body confidence.

Be truly inspired and most of all encouraged by listening to Ramona’s top tips on how to keep a healthy body and a healthy mind for life.

Read More»
Page 4 of 23« First...23456...1020...Last »
© Copyright Rebecca Dalby 2015