Gentleness

IMG_1976

Since 2017 began I have thought a lot about my own physical recovery since giving birth and the time it has taken to finally get back to feeling strong and confident in my body. It is only since January that whilst exercising I have felt I can physically push myself and even get back to my pre-pregnancy nutrition plan.

Read More»

The Pelvic Floor Challenge

focus-kegel-exerciseYour Pelvic Floor is one of the most important parts of your body. It supports your internal organs and your posture whilst aiding you in the simplest tasks such as going to the loo (for a number 1!) to the most complex physical challenge of giving birth. Strengthening your pelvic floor will help you now, and in the future as you age.

Read More»

Pilates, why should I do it? Your no nonsense guide to exercise

Pilates has been incredibly popular in the UK for the past 30 years. It has grown and developed and become a staple of the exercise industry. Many people have been recommended to do Pilates for a variety of reasons, but many do not take up this advice because they do not know what it actually is.

Pilates was created by Joseph Pilates (yes that is actually his surname!), who was born in Germany in 1883. Joesph was a very sickly child suffering from rickets, asthma and rheumatic fever. He in fact was so ill that the doctors at the time said he would not live very long. This spurred Joseph to get as fit as possible and train in Yoga, boxing, weightlifting and martial arts. 

Read More»

Cranberry, Raisin, Date, Super Seed Flapjack

flapjack

Growing up my Mum made her famous flapjacks every Sunday for me and my two brothers to chomp on at school. Although they were delicious, other kids thought that too so made us very tempting offers. We ended up trading them in the school playground for other kids chocolate bars!

Fast forward 20 odd years, I still really love a good, wholesome, gooey flapjack. The problem with ones you buy in the shop or bakery is that they tend to have a lot of sugar and syrup mixed in which makes them not so good for the body, especially in January as most of the country seem to be on a ‘diet’!

Read More»

Exercising through pregnancy – my journey

Exercising through PregnancyExercising through pregnancy historically has been avoided and it was thought that too much physical activity would harm the unborn baby. Mothers to be were told to put their feet up and take these 9 months easy. Although rest and relaxing is very important, research and science has shown actually that not moving the body enough can have serious consequences on both the mother and baby.

Regular exercise along with eating a balanced healthy diet, will help the development of the baby AND equip the mother’s body to do it’s job as best it can. Research has suggested that the benefits of exercising whilst pregnant can be reaped by the mother 10 even 20 years later!

Many physical conditions which occur through through pregnancy such as gestational diabetes, symphysis pubis dysfunction, lower back pain, muscle cramps, varicose veins, nausea and vomiting can be helped by regular exercise. Obviously you need to do the right type of exercise, but nevertheless, exercise will help to reduce or manage these common conditions which are caused by the ever increasing demands on the body.  

Read More»
Page 3 of 2312345...1020...Last »
© Copyright Rebecca Dalby 2015