Safe dance practise videos online!

If you are not sure where to start with all the safety and good dance practise advice, these three videos on You Tube produced by Power Dance System. They maybe the answer to your prayers if you want quick basic advice and ideas! Follow the links below and you have the basics covered – enjoy!safe dance practise

Warm Up and Cool Down in Dance Practice – Power Dance System

Relaxation Skills in Dance Practice – Power Dance System

Visualisation Skills in Dance Practice – Power Dance System

Happy New Year!!

Hello again! ! New year

First of all let me apologise for being sooo lame in the latter part of 2009. I was extremely busy with two main projects which took most of my time up and I barely had time to breath! 2009 was a great year for me personally and the people I was working with. Fortunately now I have some time to reflect and review the projects I was involved in and I will post them up on the website as soon as possible.

Secondly, I would love to start posting some articles or reviews from you guys…. what you have seen, been to, tips on up and coming artists, interesting facts etc etc. If you have any ideas please email me (info@rebeccadalby.co.uk) and send me your thoughts.

I have quite a few ideas for the website which I am going to explore in 2010 so please keep coming back and visit/comment/email.  If you have your own website or blog space which would link up well with mine (within the arts/sport/nutrition/health/therapy) then please also contact me as I am looking to expand my network.

Thank you once again for all your support in 2009 and hope that 2010 is an interessting, exciting and prosperous year for you all!

Room Temperature Romance - Levantes Dance Theatre

NEW DANCE TEACHER JOURNAL (IADMS)

IADMS

The International Association of Dance Medicine and Science (IADMS) have now published a brand new teachers journal which disseminates the current dance science and health research in a way which directly relates to teachers. I have read the first one and it is great! Incredibly useful and very clear/easy to understand.

The journal is broken down into sections which give you a summary of the research, what they found, then how to practically apply this information in class and as part of your teaching. It includes pictures photos and I believe there is even a question and answer section being developed.

If you are a teacher or dancer this would be a fantatsic tool!!  

Go to the IADMS website and click on the teachers bulletin section. You can sign up for their mailing list and download the journals from the site!!

IADMS

Room Temperature Romance – Levantes Dance Theatre

Levantes Dance TheatreLevantes Dance Theatre are performing their piece ‘Room Temperature Romance’ at the Barbican in October as part of  Bite 09. They will be performing for a week beginning on the 14th of October 2009.

Tickets are already selling quickly so make sure you book your place. Levantes Dance Theatre is the company I work for and it’s their debut on the Barbican stage! The piece is set to be bright, entertaining and breath taking as I see it developing in rehearsals. I am extremely proud of what they do and the dedication they  have for their work.

This company have great attitudes routed at their heart, as they incorporate health and fitness within their rehearsals, schedules and finance. A great model which will put them in good stead for their future both as individual performers and as a company.

Have a look at their promotion video: Room Temperature Romance

Follow the link to book your ticket: http://www.barbican.org.uk/theatre

IADMS Annual Conference

This year’s International Association for Dance Medicine and Science (IADMS) is being held in The Hague!

This is a great conference which I presented and attended last year. It is full to the brim of the latest information, scientific information, ground breaking workshops and a great bunch of people from around the world!!

This conference is open to dance students, performers, teachers, practitioners etc etc. Who ever you are you will come away with a weath of practical information to enhance your career or life in dance!

Follow the link to their website and get your place booked! I will be attending this year so if you have any questions or wish to meet me there please feel free to contact me.

The Hague

Page 20 of 23« First...10...1819202122...Last »
© Copyright Rebecca Dalby 2015