Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/27/d71928075/htdocs/BecDalby/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524

Fitness training for dancers

Warning: Use of undefined constant user_level - assumed 'user_level' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/27/d71928075/htdocs/BecDalby/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524

Dance is an art form that at it’s highest level, demands extraordinary levels of both athleticism and technical skill. For the amateur dancer, the condition of the body is central to the level of performance it is capable of achieving. At all levels, from the first-time dancer to the seasoned professional, the individual’s physical fitness plays a key role in their ability to perform.

Dance training has a tendency to follow a pretty strict pattern; there’s technique, repertoire, rehearsal. Perhaps there’s a conditioning class thrown in once a week in the form of Pilates or Gyrotechnics, but for the most part it’s dance, dance and more dance.

Read More»

Time for you, space to breathe

Today, as usual, I asked each of my clients and class members, ‘how are you feeling?’. The answer from pretty much everyone was either ‘stressed’, ‘too busy’, or ‘exhausted’. It struck me that around 90% of the people who I had been with for the majority of the day seemed to feel this way. The pace of life is so incredibly fast these days, yet we have exactly the same amount of time per day as our forefathers. Along with the speed of life, the amount and variety of pressures seems to have increased as Society ‘progresses’. There is currently a lot of research being conducted on the impact on our bodies and minds of our 21st century lives. We will not know the full picture for a good few years, however I can see it reflected in the way people walk, how they stand and in their eyes.

Read More»

321 instructor training course with Ramona Braganza!

Are you a personal trainer, class instructor or fitness trainer? Want to learn from THE best in the fitness industry? This course is for you. Ramona Braganza has been one of the best Hollywood celebrity trainers for the past 20 years. Her client list includes Scarlett Johanson, Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman to name a few, but the list is quite simply endless. Ramona is not just a trainer to the stars, but an inspiration to anyone in this industry. Her 321 training course (of which I am a Master Trainer), teaches you her method which in essence is 3 cardio, 2 circuit, 1 core. It is a great structure and is super flexible so it allows you to be creative and incorporate it with your particular training style or clients interests. It does not matter what kind of instructor you are. If you teach classes or do one to one training it is a great tool to have under your belt, and if you are like me, has enhanced the way you work for ever.

Read More»

Zumba, will you enjoy it? Your no nonsense guide to exercise

Who has not heard of Zumba? Answer, nobody! Even the most unco-ordinated blokes I know have heard of Zumba. It is in every church hall, gym and dance school. With humble beginnings i.e. the Colombian dance and aerobics instructor Alberto “Beto” Perez, forgot his traditional ‘aerobics’ music and had to improvise, Zumba Fitness is now the largest franchised dance based exercise class on the planet. The brand have expanded and moved into Zumba toning, circuits and even Aqua.

Read More»

Is running for me? Your no nonsense guide to exercise

Next form of exercise to de-mystify and talk about is running. It is very cheap (i.e. free) but perhaps not always as enjoyable as it looks (!). The very word running will either fill you with dread or pure joy!

I personally have had a funny relationship with running. Not until my husband dragged me round an American football pitch in Santa Barbara 4 years ago, had I ever ran for more than 15 minutes (and that was at a stretch).

Read More»
Page 11 of 23« First...910111213...20...Last »
© Copyright Rebecca Dalby 2015